Introduction

Hello, my name is Chloe and I am a senior at Andale High School. I am currently taking an internship class through the high school from 8 A.M. to 10 A.M. This spring semester I will be interning at Wichita Primary Care Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

I have a passion for watching and helping others regain health to live a better, fuller life. Being able to play a factor in this is something that brings me joy. I also am someone who likes to work with a team; in the medical field, I will get the opportunity everyday to work alongside co-workers.

Through the course of this internship, my biggest goal is to build relationships with the staff and patients. To achieve this I will need to be willing to start conversations, even if it makes me nervous. I am wanting to gain knowledge on medical equipment names and uses, medications commonly prescribed and the reasons, and how to write a proper treatment plan for a patient. By the end of this internship I hope to feel confident in a career path.

To set myself apart at my internship I am going to need to teach myself to not be afraid to ask questions or start a conversation. Becoming more outgoing will not only help me for this internship, but also for my future. Having conversations, whether career related for not, will help me build relationships. Something I am a little nervous about is the fact that I will be meeting a whole group of new people. I will not know their daily routines, so over the course of the first few days I will need to find an effective way to adjust to it.

By partaking in this internship I know that I will have an advantage in college. I will be set apart from my peers in the aspect that I will gain many hours of direct experience. I am going to by attending Kansas State University so this internship can help me have an upper hand in the large amount of students. I will also gain a networking advantage through my mentor and the rest of the staff. I am very excited for this opportunity because I know it will be very beneficial for my future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5 ~ Vitamin D

Week 3 ~ Flu Season